Monday, June 23, 2008

June of Jenn Update

This weekend Jenn traveled across 6 states to join in the wedding celebration of her cousin Kim.

It all started many months ago when I didn’t turn down an invitation to be a bridesmaid. Unfortunately my cousin lives far away in Connecticut and I’m relatively immobile these days so I could have easily turned down the invitation for purely logistical reasons. But by the miracle of e-mail communication and many trips on Amtrak I was able to be part of the wedding.

The past (many) years I’ve tended to spend a lot of time with the guys. Guy friends, relative, coworkers, and roommates – all of whom are pretty great. Because of this, I really appreciate the female relationships I have. I’ve been lucky enough to have a cousin close to my age to spend time with on holidays and the many summer vacations we took together. It feels great to see someone like Kim happy, in love with her great husband, and looking beautiful in a wedding dress. I’m thankful I got to be a part of it.

You see the June of Jenn is not just about Jenn, it’s also about all of you – the important ones in Jenn’s life. Just too bad about none of the groomsmen being single…

No comments: